Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Good Enough" Evanescence


If there was anyplace to put bands like Evanescence and Linkin Park in a personal time of my life it would be this era of my life. Sometimes the songs lyrics really meant something including high school. We were known more as the outsider group, away from everyone else. We were different. Some of us struggling with our sexuality. We weren't the same as everyone else and for me that felt that I wasn't "Good Enough" that I was lesser than some others in our class. Yeah I tried a more brave front but when I put up my AIM profile I knew things might get bad. It even got bad enough to the point I couldn't even log onto AIM anymore because of the hate messages.  I'll always remember that day that I couldn't get my entire class to sign my yearbook.  I'll be like that girl in "Romy and Michelle High School Reunion" being fearful of the mean ones and trying to get people to sign my yearbook.

"Good Enough" fits in college too but it's truly high school that my love for the group started. The songs meant something. It all meant something.

No comments:

Post a Comment